Question

Notification when a client opens a case through the self-service portal is not working

• 12 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi! 

I have a BA that trigger a notification for cases. The BA works fine if the case is created within the regular instance but when the case is created in the Self-Service Portal, the notification is not triggered. Attach is the BA xml. I tried to replicate the solution provided in the topic How to setup a notification when a client opens a case through the self-service portal but it didnt work. Actually, I dont undertsand why is needed the portal map for this to work.

Thanks!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @rodrigocid34 

Thanks for sharing the XML format as requested,

I have tried to setup a customer portal at my local instance but due to some issues not able to do that.

Opt 1:Could you please try with only one option record Inserted and check if the email is triggering or not?

Opti 2: 

Change the Trigger condition to Trigger by the scheduler and run for every 30 mins( Need to maintain a separate GI for cases)

Add a new field - Email notification sent ( Checkbox)

In order to avoid the same email multiple times please create a custom field or attribute on case classes called Email notification sent. Using Business events after the email is sent run an import scenario to update the Email notification sent ( Checkbox) as true and verify once.

Thank you

Badge

Hi @manikantad18 i already do both option, but still not working, 

When the first option worked, it displayed the notification only from the portal, when it changed to the Self Service Portal  it did not display the notification.

The second option was the same, it did not display any type of notification, if the GIs were not working in the same way.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @edgarrodriguez23 - were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Badge

@Chris Hackett No, I already do both option but the BA works fine if the case is created within the regular instance but when the case is created in the Self-Service Portal, the notification is not triggered.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved