Solved

Link CRActivity.OwnerID to SalesPerson.SalesPersonCD

• 3 January 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Any suggestions how to connect the CRActivity.OwnerID field to the SalesPerson.SalesPersonCD field? I need to filter a dashboard KPI that shows open tasks via a parameter using the SalesPerson.SalesPersonCD field.

icon

Best answer by aaghaei 18 January 2023, 11:03

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I could also make this work if I could connect the CRActivity.OwnerID field to the EPEmployee table somehow, in case that’s an easier ask?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@mikeho   Which is easier depends on the tables in the GI behind the widget. Can you post the xml?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @DConcannon - here’s the XML. I’ve been trying various routes to get there without success (so there are likely superfluous tables in the XML).

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@mikeho

To be clear what you have attached is a GI, not DB. You had not set up any Parameters and Filters in your GI. You will need to declare your Parameters, Assign those parameters to the fields you want to filter them and then when you run the GI,or later maybe in DB, pass the parameter value. See below:

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @aaghaei. Yes, I understand I can create a Parameter and filter from the OwnerID of the CRActivity table. What I’m trying to accomplish is to be able to relate the CRActivity table to another table that uses the SalespersonID (like EPEmployee table) so that I can filter a dashboard by SalespersonID and have the one parameter filter KPIs from this GI along with other KPIs from different GIs that use the SalespersonID.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Just in DB pass your parameter to widget that uses this GI. Attach your DB here if you can not make it work. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@aaghaei - just to clarify, I would need the parameter on the DB itself to pass through to this widget, and there for this parameter on the GI. Is that possible?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Yes in DB Designer (SM208600)  “Parameters” Tab you can add parameters the same way you add parameters in GI and then use them to pass to the GIs used in Widgets.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved