Solved

Item Class Attributes - generic inquiry

• 7 July 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi All,

I have been struggling to find the table link that will let me list all of the attributes that are listed on an Item Class.

The INItemClass table has this beautiful field called ItemClassStrID which is a direct match to the EntityClassID on the CSAttributeGroup table.

Using this relation would solve all my problem, but the ItemClassStrID field isn’t available to use as a relation data field.

Does anyone have a GI that lists the Attributes on an Item Class?

Thank You!

icon

Best answer by manikantad18 7 July 2023, 16:49

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @donnadeskins55 

Please see attached

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

AMAZING!!

Thank you @manikantad18 !

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@manikantad18 , I have a followup question for you (I see that you have provided a lot of helpful information around attributes and imports :) ).

My ultimate goal with this inquiry is to make changes or delete the Attributes on the Item Classes with an import scenario.

I have a customer with 630 item classes and each one has up to 10 attributes on it.

I have been successful adding the attributes with an import scenario, but have not been successful with updating or deleting the Attributes from the Item class with an import scenario.

Do you have any suggestions or examples for updating and deleting?

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @donnadeskins55 I have sample Import scenario to Update the attribute in Items class. Please modify as needed

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Thank you @manikantad18 !

I think I saw this example on another post and when I tried it, it behaves like it want’s to add a new ItemClass/Attribute rather than update it.

Here is what the Import looks like (I’m attempting to set the status to inactive so that I can delete a particular attribute):

and this is the error I get when trying to run it:

Userlevel 1

@donnadeskins55 Hello, these errors may be linked to the fields in the data provider. I suggest checking the source fields for the data provider to see if the fields mentioned in the error message are marked as active. If they are, include the missing fields in the import scenario, or mark them as inactive if you decide you do not need them in the import scenario. I hope this helps with troubleshooting the error.

Hi @manikantad18 .

I have tried to follow the Get Item Class html file but am missing something.  Your guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I must be missing a table or a relations between tables or both.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved