Solved

Issue - Sales Order Default Acumatica report printing in 2 pages

• 22 September 2022
  • 18 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello Everyone,

When I’m printing the Sales Order default Acumatica report with Portrait mode and it is printing in 2 pages.

Can you please help me to print in single page?

icon

Best answer by manikantad18 22 September 2022, 17:37

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @nsmith51 ! I would recommend to click the More Settings option and change the Paper Kind to match what is being printed:

Typically this is seen because the report is set to PaperKind of A4 and the print settings are specifying the format as Letter.

Double check what the report is using and either change it to match the printer or change the printer settings to match the report

Userlevel 5
Badge

@nsmith51 - Can you try reducing your scaling in More Settings when you give print command? Try with 95.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @BenjaminCrisman  I have not done any changes to the report and Paper Kind is set to A4.

@RohitBhandurge  Every time when I print do we need to set the scale as 95 ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@nsmith51 But what is the setting in your printer preferences? Is this also A4?

Userlevel 5
Badge

@nsmith51 - No, you don't have to do that every time. It is a one time setup. I am assuming you will be using that one browser every time.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@BenjaminCrisman  The Destination I have selected as “Save to PDF”.

We are printing it to PDF file.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@nsmith51 That won’t matter, what matters is that the setting in the print preferences matches the report and the default setting in the US is Letter for printer preferences:

Userlevel 3
Badge

@BenjaminCrisman  I have tried with A4 and Letter, but still printing in 2 pages. Please find the screenshots for reference.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@nsmith51 Then I would make sure the report is not customized, it doesn’t look like my sales demo report.

On the report printing screen check the Versions tab and make sure there are no extra selected versions and if there are then de-select them and try printing with the stock Acumatica Sales Order report.

Otherwise I would recommend to open the report in Report Designer and click File > Save As… and upload the report so we can check it.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@BenjaminCrisman This report is not customized and it default Acumatica report.

When I select the A4, in the second it is printing the URL. How can I remove that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@nsmith51 those are Headers and Footers which can be turned off in the printer settings, but they will only print on pages which are being generated, it shouldn’t be causing another page to print.

Can you try attaching your report to the discussion?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Sure @BenjaminCrisman  Please find the attached report here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @nsmith51 I reviewed the report  with more number of sales order lines and printed for me

Please try the suggestion to below Print settings 

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@nsmith51 It printed fine for me:

It seems it could be a margin setting with your PDF software (Adobe?), can you try rendering the report in HTML and clicking to print from there?
Make sure the PDF symbol is showing (indicating you can switch to PDF view) and then try to print:

Userlevel 3
Badge

@BenjaminCrisman  When I click on the PDF symbol and try to print then it is printing properly with 1 page.

I have unchecked the headers but still displaying in 2 pages (2nd page is empty)

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@BenjaminCrisman  When I click on the PDF symbol and try to print then it is printing properly with 1 page.

I have unchecked the headers but still displaying in 2 pages (2nd page is empty)

Please give t a try by Checking the headers once and confirm if it is happening again.

as @BenjaminCrisman Indicated if it works for PDF make a change in a report to print as PDF by default.

Thanks

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@nsmith51 If the report renders in one page, but then the print preview shows 2 pages, it is because there are issues with local printer configuration and can’t be solved in Acumatica.

You can set the report to always print as PDF to get around this until the local printing issues are sorted out:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@nsmith51 Did you find a way around the print issue?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved