Skip to main content
Solved

Inventory still allocated after order is complete

• 7 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi all, I was just informed we still have allocated inventory from orders that were completed back in 2020. How do we ‘release’ this so we have correct inventory levels?

Our inventory allocations jump from the end of 2020 to February 2023 so it looks like something happened 2 years ago that caused these allocations to become “stuck”?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @swartzfeger 

One of the first things to check is the Unreleased Material Allocations under Production> Transactions

What is the availability Calculation Rule on the item? It can be found on the Item Class setup:

Are there any receipts that have not been released? (Inventory> Receipts)

The last thing I would look at as well is the Recalculate Inventory (there’s a chance that something is hung up there)

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @swartzfeger 

One of the first things to check is the Unreleased Material Allocations under Production> Transactions

What is the availability Calculation Rule on the item? It can be found on the Item Class setup:

Are there any receipts that have not been released? (Inventory> Receipts)

The last thing I would look at as well is the Recalculate Inventory (there’s a chance that something is hung up there)

Kandy, would these rules preclude inventory from completed orders to unallocated?

It seems like these are ok.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @swartzfeger 

Yes, it should not include completed orders. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @swartzfeger 

Please reach out to Acumatica, they can the update the allocation details if you still getting the error after running all steps verified as @kandybeatty49  Indicated.

Item Plan need to update in the DB level.

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @swartzfeger 

Yes, it should not include completed orders. 

Awesome… so which “Include” should I uncheck, receipts or po receipts?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

It should not be taking completed orders into place. Please see the help, this may answer more of your questions:

https://help-2022r2.acumatica.com/(W(27))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=36d6e854-c66e-4d9f-b150-6abbf0ece76b