Skip to main content
Solved

How to Sort based on the Item parent class on a report

• 26 July 2024
  • 4 replies

I am trying to solve this below problem on the Project quote form and seemed to be going in circles for some time now hence posting this.

I am trying to Print a project quote and group this based item classes. This is grouping correctly, however the issue I am having is to print the description of the parent item class description in the group header. This is currently printing child item class description.

Because the way the lines are being sorted the child item class is picked based on the line sequence.

The outcome I am expecting on this is the first image the item class should be Video conference equipment, second image should be source equipment.

Any suggestion would be appreciated. 

Following things I have tried are as below (Images as below)

1. Different sorting used to sort based on Qty and Total amount.
  2. change groupings 

Grouping and sorting as below.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @amitkaryekar 

I see that Group "ProjectTask" is above Group "ItemClass" so the sort will prioritize Group "ProjectTask" first.

Best Regards,

NNT

Userlevel 2

Thanks for your reply.

Understand the part of sorting priority, is it possible though that the to sort based on amount, as when i put the curyamount on for sort, When it is grouped by based on the Item class it picks item class of the zero dollar amount whose item class is called client supplied

What i will have to do sort based on Curyamount?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @amitkaryekar 

You add Curyamount into the first Group

Best Regards,

NNT

Userlevel 2