Skip to main content
Solved

How to separate multi-select attributes in the database?

We have few attributes with multi-select control type.

Attribute

However, when multiple values are selected, the values are concatenated in the database. 

Below is a database snapshot: 

Db snapshot

We have a GI that is using this attribute as a parameter. We would like to filter based on individual attribute and not look for a specific combination. It doesn’t work right now as it keeps looking for a specific combination of attributes 

Is there a way to store this differently in the database or a way to separate them?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@kanupindi 

Have you tried using “Contains” condition on this attribute in your Inquiry?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @RohitRattan88 , we are using this attribute as a parameter. Is there a way to implement contains condition on the parameter?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You would create the parameter, then use that parameter in the condition

For example:

​​

Here’s the result:

Attached GI for your review.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@RohitRattan88  - I do have the parameters set up in the conditions tab as well (similar to your screenshot). However, when individual values are selected in the GI - it does not display any records. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@kanupindi 

Please share your GI for review

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @RohitRattan88 , please see attached. thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@kanupindi 

I modified your GI to add a multi-select attribute as a parameter. Seems to work fine for me. Please review and test.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @RohitRattan88 , thank you for the feedback. The multi- select works for us as well. But our concern here is each account has different attributes selected. So when we use the multi-select - it always looks for that combination.

example: Account ABC - has attributes : Pencils, pen, notebook
Account XYZ - has attributes: Pencils, Bottle
When we just select pencils  - it does not display ABC or XYZ unless you have all the attributes selected. 

We want acumatica to recognize each attribute as a unique selector and not look for the same combination - but unsure how to do that

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@kanupindi 

Is your condition a “Contains” or equal.

I reviewed GI I posted above again and it seems to be behaving the way you wish:

Hi @RohitRattan88 , thank you for the feedback. The multi- select works for us as well. But our concern here is each account has different attributes selected. So when we use the multi-select - it always looks for that combination.

example: Account ABC - has attributes : Pencils, pen, notebook
Account XYZ - has attributes: Pencils, Bottle
When we just select pencils  - it does not display ABC or XYZ unless you have all the attributes selected. 

We want acumatica to recognize each attribute as a unique selector and not look for the same combination - but unsure how to do that

We have the similar GI we are working on for our client. Is there a way to add a column to the GI to count how many attribute values are selected for the account?