Solved

How to select Customer Ship To on Report after selecting Customer

• 8 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I am making a Sales Order based Report. I want my users to select a Customer ID and then a customer Ship To Location. I want the Customer Ship To Locations to only be for the Customer ID. Right now I can’t even get the Customer Locations to pull up...How do I make this happen in a report?

I’m including a screen shot of the parameter screen and the relationship tab from the build schema part of the report. Please note, I’m a novice, so any help would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by hkabiri 10 February 2022, 21:58

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@sarah  You may need to use following KB which touches on how to add dependent value as parameter to Reports. In your case, you need to pass the Customer parameter to the Location to filter the Locations of selected customer.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@hkabiri thanks for the KB article - 

Since I’m new to this, I’m not sure how to properly say show me the Customer Location, after I select the Customer.

I tried the syntax shown in the KB article example and I thought the following would work: =Report.GetFieldSchema('SOOrder.CustomerLocationID,CustomerID') 

but the Ship To lookup is still blank.  Is there a “friendly” name i need to use here?

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@sarah Please use the following statement for View Name of your customer location parameter:

=Report.GetFieldSchema('ARPayment.CustomerLocationID,CustomerID')

You do not need to add the ARPayment table to the report.

Let me know how it goes.

Userlevel 3
Badge

UPDATE - 2/10 - 5:18 PM CST

The drop-down list for the customer ship to locations populated with the statement you sent but when I run my report and select the Customer and the Customer Ship To, there’s nothing on the report.  If I run the report and only select the Customer, I get the data I need…

Now what could I be missing???

@hkabiri Thanks so much for your guidance and assistance.

The statement you sent worked!!!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved