Solved

How to display total number of payments made by customer in GI

• 19 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello all,

I have been looking how can I calculate the number of payments done by the customer in a GI?

icon

Best answer by BenjaminCrisman 20 January 2024, 00:02

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Harry 

If I’m reading your question correctly, you could aggregate using COUNT on the ARPayament RefNbr field...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Harry the Count aggregate function will only work if there is a grouping applied to the records, which would be exactly what would be needed here, grouping conditions.

I would group on the customer for the payment and then use a Count() function or Count aggregate function to display the number of payments in the group.
You can quickly get this done by copying the AR Payments and Applications GI into a new one.

Then add a grouping:

Then add the function on the results grid and remove/add any fields you want to use:

Then the results will show you the number of payments for that customer:

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello @BenjaminCrisman,

Thank you for your quick suggestion. How can I apply the condition if I would only want to display the count of payments for the last 12 months?

Thanks in advance.

Badge +18

Hello, 

Add two parameters to prompt the user for begin/end month. Add condition to select where Post Period (financial period) is between the begin month parameter and the end month parameter.

Laura

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

If you want it hard coded to show 12 Months, you can add a condition for the DocDate to be greater than or equal to DateAdd(Today(),'M',-12). This will filter to 12 Months to the day, so mid month if it’s mid month now.  There’s a couple ways to do calendar month if you prefer, let me know if you need to calendar.

To show 12 Months, 3 Months, all time at the same time to show a trend, you can add the formula: =iif([ARPayment.DocDate] >= DateAdd(Today(),'M',-12),1,0) and set the Aggregation to SUM.  

To combine this with @Laura02’s suggestion, you can have it default to a range when Parameter is blank, or filter by Period Parameter if the user fills out the period or date range.  

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved