Page break after inventory ID: 30

Page break after inventory ID: 40

Page 1

Page  #2 

Page 2

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@carmelinem89 Typically the sort is based off InventoryID and what you’re wanting to sort on is InventoryCD.

This is possible to edit in the report, but default sorting on CD instead of ID in the sales order screen would require a customization I’m pretty sure.

@BenjaminCrisman Without screen customization can we do this in the report itself? 

@BenjaminCrisman It is not an issue of sorting, but we need page break in sequence for Inventory ID’s 

Example All the Inventory ID’s starting with 30 should display in 1st Page, then Inventory ID’s starting with 40 in next page, 50…..and so on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@carmelinem89 Oh ok, apologies I misunderstood the request. I’m not sure I really know an easy way to do that unfortunately. I have a few ideas in my head that seem like they could work but I’ve never tried it before, so I can’t be sure.

The first thought I had would be to duplicate the section the part numbers are populating into and condition each section with visibility expression to only populate when Part Number starts with 1, then do the same thing for 2, 3, 4...etc. You can add a page break after each section also.

The other ideas I had kind of use the same logic, but different way to get there, like instead of conditioning the field and section you just insert a subreport which has the conditions to only display part numbers which start with 3, then another subreport for part numbers 4 and so on.

There very well could be a better way to do this but I may be stuck in a box in my thinking and missing something obvious :)

@BenjaminCrisman Duplicating the section on part number will not help me, nor will having multiple sub-reports. We have more than 100 part numbers. I cannot create so many sections or multiple sub-reports. Part numbers are nothing but inventory IDs. I want to control the page break based on inventory IDs. I want the report based on 91, 90, and 30. For example, Substring([Soline.InventoryID],1,2) Is there any way that we can achieve this?

@BenjaminCrisman Duplicating the section on part number will not help me, nor will having multiple subreports. We have more than 100 part numbers. I cannot create so many sections or multiple sub-reports. Part numbers are nothing but inventory IDs. I want to control the page break based on inventory IDs. I want to print the report based on 91, 90, and 30. For example, Substring([Soline.InventoryID],1,2) Is there any way that we can achieve this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@carmelinem89 As far as I know there is not a way to trigger a page break based on InventoryID. There is no Page Break Expression field, so there isn’t a way to control when it breaks except before or after a reporting section, on the settings for each section you can specify to print before or after.

This is why I was thinking of something involving multiple sections as this is how breaks are configured.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved