Solved

How can I display an uploaded image on a report

• 15 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi there, newbie to Acumatica here and I hope someone can help.

I have a workflow where my users (field services) will complete an FSAppointment and upload image files to support the work. The customer will then sign that the work was done. There are three files I can see uploaded in Files, two with a prefix “image_” and one with a prefix “signature_”. 

I want to add the photos and signature to the appointment report with the photos of the work and the customer signature on each report..

I have tried to display using =[FSAppointment.NoteFiles] but the first image is displayed.

How can I specifiy the signature and/or the uploaded files?

Thanks

Milan

icon

Best answer by sconlon88 8 February 2024, 19:52

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@MilanM  Please refer to the below links and hope these links helps.

https://www.augforums.com/forums/acumatica-report-designer/images-for-a-report/

https://www.greytrix.com/blogs/acumatica/2023/09/28/embedded-clickable-image-in-the-report/

Thanks @Naveen Boga 

Would this work for adding images to an Appointment / Service Report

I am specifically looking for the formula / script to add a signature to the report and also images to the report.

Assuming:

={FSAppointment.NoteFiles].[Signature] for the signature?

={FSAppointment.NoteFiles].[Image] to display all the images on the report?

I am still not sure what the correct string is for both

The goal being to have all on the report once the client has signed off the service work so we can then email the report to the client with the technicians notes, any images (photos taken & the clients signature approving work done.

Is anyone able to help with the above or guide me to someone that can help - fee for service please?

Hello @MilanM 

Have you found an efficient solution to your scenario? I have come up with something that may work for you. 

If you left join the document’s table on NoteID to NoteDoc.NoteID, you can inner join NoteDoc.FileID to UploadFile.FileID. In the relations of the NoteDoc to UploadFile inner join, put an AND operator, then on a new line the parent formula will be =INSTR(CSTR([UploadFile.Name]),’image/signature’), EQUALS, and the child formula will be =1. You will need to add this join for each different type of image, like the image or signature tags, because it apparently only pulls a single image. Then, in the PictureBox, you will need to select the source as Database and the value as =[UploadFile.Name].

joins and formula to reference and isolate attachments to the document
picturebox settings​​

I hope this helps you out, and if you have already found and answer I would love if you could share it, since the solution I’ve provided will not work with the high throughput of reports that need to use this method.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved