Solved

Grouping line items

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey all,

I’ve been working on the production order performance report for about two weeks now and am nearing completion with it My current issue is that it is printing separate line items for each inventory ID within a work order, when I would rather it sum the line items into a general work order. How do I achieve this?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by BenjaminCrisman 6 December 2022, 17:59

View original

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @ALEXSLUSSER15! For this you’ll need to add a grouping section to the report and then group by the either the refnbr of the work order or something else which will lump all the items together and then grouping sections auto SUM the amounts in the group, so that is already taken care of.

Have you already tried adding a grouping?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @ALEXSLUSSER15! For this you’ll need to add a grouping section to the report and then group by the either the refnbr of the work order or something else which will lump all the items together and then grouping sections auto SUM the amounts in the group, so that is already taken care of.

Have you already tried adding a grouping?

@BenjaminCrisman I believe this is what you are referring to? If so, adding this grouping did not solve the issue. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@ALEXSLUSSER15 Yes that is what I meant, this will add a grouping section to the report and the items you are wanting to group need to be placed in the grouping section which corresponds to the grouping condition specified.

After adding the field to the grouping conditions in your screenshot, a new section was added to the report, groupheader, place the fields needing to be grouped in there.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@ALEXSLUSSER15 Yes that is what I meant, this will add a grouping section to the report and the items you are wanting to group need to be placed in the grouping section which corresponds to the grouping condition specified.

After adding the field to the grouping conditions in your screenshot, a new section was added to the report, groupheader, place the fields needing to be grouped in there.

@BenjaminCrisman I’m not sure what you mean? I see a group header but that was already there. I’m not sure what you mean by add the fields needing to be grouped? Below is the group header that was already there. Is that what you mean? If so, where do I put the fields needing to be grouped?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@ALEXSLUSSER15 You can tell that this grouping section corresponds to the grouping condition because the grouping condition is called ‘list’ and this screenshot shows (Header of list), so that means that fields placed within this section will be grouped according to the grouping condition specified, which is AMProdItem.ProdOrdID.

You may need to expand the section, but this specific groupheader section was created when the grouping condition was created and if you delete the grouping condition, it will delete the group section on the report.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@ALEXSLUSSER15 You can tell that this grouping section corresponds to the grouping condition because the grouping condition is called ‘list’ and this screenshot shows (Header of list), so that means that fields placed within this section will be grouped according to the grouping condition specified, which is AMProdItem.ProdOrdID.

You may need to expand the section, but this specific groupheader section was created when the grouping condition was created and if you delete the grouping condition, it will delete the group section on the report.

@BenjaminCrisman Ok, so where do I put the items to be grouped? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@ALEXSLUSSER15 Place the fields in the groupheader section:

They will be grouped according to the grouping conditions specified, if there are multiple things to group on it will group them in hierarchical order

Userlevel 2
Badge

@ALEXSLUSSER15 Place the fields in the groupheader section:

They will be grouped according to the grouping conditions specified, if there are multiple things to group on it will group them in hierarchical order

@BenjaminCrisman I believe I did what you are referring to and it did not work. But I am very confused.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@ALEXSLUSSER15 It’s close, but the fields were placed in the detail section:

They need to be moved up into the groupHeaderSection1

Userlevel 2
Badge

@BenjaminCrisman I did as you suggested and this did not solve the issue. I moved them into groupHeader and it is still printing each line item.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@BenjaminCrisman I did as you suggested and this did not solve the issue. I moved them into groupHeader and it is still printing each line item.

@BenjaminCrisman After a little experimentation it is now printing a single line item but it is not summing the “material used” column as I intended. I want it to print one line item, but sum the material used from ALL line items. How do I make this happen?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@ALEXSLUSSER15 Can you provide screenshots of what you’re seeing? If the field is in the grouping section then it should group all the values which constitute the grouping

Userlevel 2
Badge

@ALEXSLUSSER15 Can you provide screenshots of what you’re seeing? If the field is in the grouping section then it should group all the values which constitute the grouping

@BenjaminCrisman Is this the screenshot you’re looking for? If not, let me know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@ALEXSLUSSER15 Looking for a screenshot of the field you are saying is not summing

Userlevel 2
Badge

@ALEXSLUSSER15 Looking for a screenshot of the field you are saying is not summing

@BenjaminCrisman The field is in the screenshot below. I’ve also attached a screenshot of the printed report- the actual total should say 2723. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@ALEXSLUSSER15 You will need to just add SUM to the value.

It should look like =SUM([AMTran.Qty])

Userlevel 2
Badge

@ALEXSLUSSER15 You will need to just add SUM to the value.

It should look like =SUM([AMTran.Qty])

@BenjaminCrisman That worked! Thank you.

I have another question for you- how do I add a running line number?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@ALEXSLUSSER15 You can check some other reports (Like SO641010) to see how it is setup, but it looks like this:

Create a LineNbr variable for the section you want the line numbers to show, give it the ValueExpr seen, then add the variable to the section

Userlevel 2
Badge

@ALEXSLUSSER15 You can check some other reports (Like SO641010) to see how it is setup, but it looks like this:

Create a LineNbr variable for the section you want the line numbers to show, give it the ValueExpr seen, then add the variable to the section

@BenjaminCrisman I see that you have it in the detail section, will it work in the header?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@ALEXSLUSSER15 It should work in an section except maybe Report Header section

Userlevel 2
Badge

@ALEXSLUSSER15 It should work in an section except maybe Report Header section

@BenjaminCrisman I added the variable but it is continuously printing as 1. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@ALEXSLUSSER15 I checked back to some of the other reports and I don’t see that there is a line number when there is grouping applied, at least not one I could find.

It might still be possible by assigning it a value and using like Next() function, but I can’t find an out of the box report which uses both line numbering and grouping.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved