Skip to main content

We just started using the CRM functionality in Acumatica. We were previously on a much older, on premise CRM. I have a high level sales manager who wants a GI that would allow them to search both leads and contacts at the same time. I showed them the global search but they felt it returned too much data from all aspects of the system to be useful.

What I would like is to create a GI that did a Union or something like it on the Contact and Lead tables that would allow a simple search by Display Name (Contact table) / Lead ID (Lead table). If anyone has any insight on how this might be accomplished or if there is some other approach that will allow for simultaneous searching of Leads and Contact I would greatly appreciate it.

Hi @mtcook ,

Contacts and Leads are actually both stored in the same table, therefore you can simply use an OR on the Conditions tab to select both contacts and leads in one GI.  Be sure to add the “displayname” field to the quick search.  You could also add navigation links to allow drilldown into the Lead or the Contact.  Since they are displayed on different screens, you would want to make the navigation conditional.

Add the CR.Contact DAC in Data Sources
Specify conditions to select Contact and Lead - combine with an OR
GI results include both Leads and Contacts
You could also add a side panel on the Navigation tab

Hope this helps!

Laura