Solved

GI: How can I get the Website that belongs to a contact?

• 28 September 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

I have built a query in which I have multiple associations with the contact tables to get required information.

Contact Table is used to find details for a UDF contact field. 
Owner Contact table is used to get opportunity owner information.

Builder contact table is joined with SO Order to get SO contact information.

For Builder contact (actual contact on SO), I am able to get Email, Full Name, ContactID_Description but website is blank. When I check the contact, it has website but not coming up on GI. Another thing I noticed was the Phone 1 is also not coming for most of them, only 2-3 records show up whereas it is present. I am trying to use Contact.Website field. 

Would really appreciate if some one has an answer to this.

-Ameya

icon

Best answer by BenjaminCrisman 28 September 2022, 18:12

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 1

additional info: 

Table Join for SO and Contact

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @adalvi 

Could you please help with the Generic inquiry XML format, and also highlighted the field which you are looking for in the GI?

Add some screenshots related to issues which help to check it here.

Thanks

Userlevel 1

Hey @manikantad18 : How do I provide the GI xml? Not sure I know how to do that. 

Here is the field I am trying to get on the GI: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @adalvi 

You can export the GI as shown as below and attached here 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @adalvi ! For this issue I think that these details are not available from this type of join to Contact off the Customer record.

The Sales Order has no website field, so linking to Contact off the SO will only get you contact details off the actual person listed as the contact on the SO, do they have a website listed?

You would need to link from SOOrder to Customer and then to Contact if you want both contact and customer details, or if you want the details which appear in the Address tab on the SO, then you’ll need to link to SOContact table.

I tested this in a local GI and this works for me, but I made sure to have the website on the actual contact:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @adalvi 

I just created a sample GI to get the website data of customers, You can use the below for reference.

Userlevel 1

hey @BenjaminCrisman , it does have a website listed. And it is the contact associated on the SO:

SO:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@adalvi That is the website off the Customer record though, not the Contact on the order.

In order to get that value you’ll need to do as I mentioned in the last post and Manikanta recommended, to join SOOrder to Customer, then Customer to Contact.

You can right click the GI provided by Manikanta and Save link as… and then upload it to the site to see if it will get the right data.

I checked it also and it showed the website off the customer record as expected

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @adalvi 

I just created a sample GI to get the website data of customers, You can use the below for reference.

@adalvi That is the website off the Customer record though, not the Contact on the order.

In order to get that value you’ll need to do as I mentioned in the last post and Manikanta recommended, to join SOOrder to Customer, then Customer to Contact.

You can right click the GI provided by Manikanta and Save link as… and then upload it to the site to see if it will get the right data.

I checked it also and it showed the website off the customer record as expected

@adalvi  Please check the below GI once as @BenjaminCrisman mentioned and see if your issue resolves or not?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved