Skip to main content
Solved

Get empty attribute values in a Generic Inquiry

• 18 July 2024
  • 6 replies

I’m trying to create a generic inquiry which should display the attribute values of a specific attribute. I left joined the Customers table to the CSAnswers table and added a condition to limit attributes to the specific attribute I’m interested in.

However, I’m only getting customers that have a value for that attribute. How can I get a list of all customers including ones that don’t have any value for that attribute?

6 replies

Badge +12

You’d need to LeftJoin the CSAnswers table to the Customer table. You have it reversed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @aaronsilber ,

Instead of specifying the value of the attribute on the Conditions tab, you can specify it as another line on the relationship between Customer and CSAnswers.  If you add the criteria there then the left join should return the record even if the attribute isn’t found.

Hope this helps!

Laura

Badge +12

@aaronsilber Were you able to get this working?

Userlevel 1

You’d need to LeftJoin the CSAnswers table to the Customer table. You have it reversed.

When I add in the conditions tab “CSAnswers.AttributeID Equals <myattribute>” I only get a list of customers that have a value for that attribute.

I would like to get a list of all customers, whether they have a value for this attribute or not.

Userlevel 1

Hi @aaronsilber ,

Instead of specifying the value of the attribute on the Conditions tab, you can specify it as another line on the relationship between Customer and CSAnswers.  If you add the criteria there then the left join should return the record even if the attribute isn’t found.

Hope this helps!

Laura

Is this what the Relations tab should look like?

When I do this it seems like I do get all of the customers, but I don’t get any attribute values in the GI. I have added the Value data field from the CSAnswers object in the Results Grid tab.

Badge +12

It would look like

="ATTRIB" Equals attributeID

where “ATTRIB” is the value on the Attributes screen