Solved

Generic Inquiry for Kits with Stock and Nonstock items

• 22 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hello,

I have a customer who would like a generic inquiry that presents the list of kit components like a BOM (i.e. a column for the parent id and a column with all of the components of that parent). The problem is that stock and nonstock components are in separate tables.

Has anyone been successful with this?

icon

Best answer by Neil Cantral 11 January 2024, 02:38

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

It may not be pretty, but I think an IsNull, Switch, or IIF function for each component field will be the way to go.

=ISNULL( [INKitSpecStkDet.CompInventoryID], [INKitSpecNonStkDet.CompInventoryID])

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @donnadeskins55 have you been able to resolve your issue? Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Neil Cantral ,

I stumbled across this thread, and I’m looking to accomplish the same thing.  I have a GI created, however, if we search for a component item, it does not bring it up.  The addition of the side panel does assist the user in seeing what is in the kit, but the search abilities are not working the way I thought they would. 

This is the GI Results Grid that I have currently:

This is the output from the GI:

This is the current set up for relationships:

Any ideas how to set this up so that it will show all the components and kit assembly parent numbers?  Would the formula you mentioned in the above post help this GI?

Thank you,

Trisha

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Looking back, I misunderstood the original post. Since the stock and non-stock components exist on separate tables we would need to get creative since union operators are not supported natively (if I recall correctly).

Customization is always an option. Subreports would be more accessible but loses out on the great functionality of GIs. 

Simplest option would be to join the non-stock detail to the stock detail on KitInventoryID, RevisionID, and LineNbr. This assumes you always have more stock items than non-stock on a given kit. 

Not my favorite solution since it’s not the best user experience having the data organized like this. Below is an example:

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved