Solved

Generating multiple reports and Exporting to PDF

• 10 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

One of our clients wishes to mass create different versions of the same report in Acumatica, and then have those versions saved in pdf format on their local machine. For example, under Bank Rec, they would like the Reconciliation Statement report to be able to generate the last reconciliation statement for each bank account and then have that file saved to a pdf to their workstation. I did some review and I’m not sure if this is possible without some type of customization. The automation schedules seem to be more focused towards posting transactions than creating reports. Any ideas or 3rd parties that anyone knows that could do this?

icon

Best answer by BenjaminCrisman 10 October 2022, 16:00

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @rebeckamckinney53 

There are two Versions of Reports in Acumatica that we have, 

Every time for example ( End of the Month) the report should generate the document and export it to PDF format for both Versions.

In this case, we can create Business events and send reports based on the report parameter every month in a PDF format.

I am not sure How we can save those PDF files in a system. But we can get the emails in PDF format. Maybe this helps you without any customization,https://www.crestwood.com/2020/05/18/using-business-events-with-report-attachments-in-acumatica/

Sorry if Misunderstood the question here.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @rebeckamckinney53! For this issue I think you will need to setup templates for each cash account and then schedule the report on the Reconciliation Statement screen for each template.

The actual report will need to be customized as well so that the reconciliation statement# is always grabbing the highest one.

I haven’t seen something like this done before but I would suspect that using something like MAX in the parameter could do it.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@manikantad18 I haven’t set these up before but, after reviewing the document you linked, I think it may work. I’m going to setup a test in their test tenant. Do you know if it would allow for sending multiple PDFs so maybe all of the recent bank recs as of a certain date? That way they don’t get 50 individual emails? 

@BenjaminCrisman I like this idea as well! My only question is I don’t see a schedule button available on the Reconciliation Statement screen so I’m not sure how that would be setup. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @rebeckamckinney53  Do you know if it would allow for sending multiple PDFs so maybe all of the recent banks recs as of a certain date? That way they don’t get 50 individual emails. 

If you set the report version with different names in your Instance then add the report in the notification template.

Or else save a template with filter and configure the same

Whenever the BE trigger it will send all the report at the same time.

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @rebeckamckinney53! This is the report being printed, correct?

You first need to save a Template, then you can Schedule it

Userlevel 3
Badge

@BenjaminCrisman Yep (face palm), I see that now. Thank you! I’m going to try some settings in the system and see how our client feels about it. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved