Skip to main content

Trying to get the time difference from when a sales order was created and when it was shipped. The only function I could get was DateDiff. Is it possible to get the time in the format of “HOUR:MINUTE”?

=DateDiff( 'MINUTE',USOShipment.ConfirmedDateTime],iSOOrder.CreatedDateTime])*-1

Was thinking of using MOD to achieve what I want as follows

Use this to get hours =DateDiff( 'HOUR', SOOrder.OrderDate],,ARInvoice.CreatedDateTime],)

And this one to get the minutes.

DateDiff( 'MINUTE', ,SOOrder.OrderDate],]ARInvoice.CreatedDateTime],)%60)

The issue is now on how to combine the two. Will appreciate any suggestions on how to achieve this.

Hi @development93  This can be achieved easily from the SQL VIEW.

Can you please share the GI, so that I can build a SQL view and then create GI accordingly with the HH:MM:SS 

@development93 You can also use the Concat() function to get the two differences combined into one field, something like:

=Concat(Cstr(DateDiff('h', SOOrder.OrderDate], ARInvoice.CreatedDateTime])+':'+Cstr(DateDiff('n', SOOrder.OrderDate], ARInvoice.CreatedDateTime]))

Or did I misunderstand and you just want to SUM them into minutes or hours?

Was thinking of using MOD to achieve what I want as follows

Use this to get hours =DateDiff( 'HOUR', SOOrder.OrderDate],,ARInvoice.CreatedDateTime],)

And this one to get the minutes.

DateDiff( 'MINUTE', ,SOOrder.OrderDate],]ARInvoice.CreatedDateTime],)%60)

The issue is now on how to combine the two. Will appreciate any suggestions on how to achieve this.

Hello,

I’ve needed a solution to a similar problem; my solution uses the MODULO function as well and is formatted as ‘dd:hh:mm:ss’.  

=CONCAT( IIF( DATEDIFF( 's', ESOOrder.UsrOrderDeliveredTime], vARInvoice.CreatedDateTime]) < 0, '-', '')    , CSTR(ABS(DATEDIFF( 's', DSOOrder.UsrOrderDeliveredTime], eARInvoice.CreatedDateTime]))/86400) ,':'    , PADLEFT(CSTR(ABS(DATEDIFF( 's', BSOOrder.UsrOrderDeliveredTime], eARInvoice.CreatedDateTime]))/3600%24),2,'0'),':'    , PADLEFT(CSTR(ABS(DATEDIFF( 's', RSOOrder.UsrOrderDeliveredTime], OARInvoice.CreatedDateTime]))/60%60),2,'0') ,':'    , PADLEFT(CSTR(ABS(DATEDIFF( 's', CSOOrder.UsrOrderDeliveredTime], UARInvoice.CreatedDateTime]))%60),2,'0'))

I’ve modified my solution in a way that uses your fields as well as your intended formatting: 

=CONCAT( IIF( DATEDIFF( 'n', OSOShipment.ConfirmedDateTime], iSOOrder.CreatedDateTime]) < 0, '-', ''), CSTR(ABS(DATEDIFF( 'n', )SOShipment.ConfirmedDateTime], iSOOrder.CreatedDateTime]))/60%60),':', PADLEFT(CSTR(ABS(DATEDIFF( 'n', FSOShipment.ConfirmedDateTime], iSOOrder.CreatedDateTime]))%60),2,'0'))

This should work for what you need, but I may have made a syntax error due to me not spending much time testing this version of the solution.