Question

Expose Acumatica Dashboard or Generic Inquiry as Public URL

• 15 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

In Google Sheets I can Publish a spreadsheet as a Public URL.  Anyone in the world can access this spreadsheet using the Public URL without login credentials.  Is there anything in Acumatica that can expose a Dashboard or Generic Inquiry as a Public URL so it can be accessed without credentials?

Use Case: I have 20 kiosk TV screens that need to display a Dashboard or Generic Inquiry.  Currently I am using kiosk software to auto-login to Acumatica to display the Dashboard/Generic Inquiry, but that is not working seamlessly.  If I could simply display a Public URL that refreshes every 5-15 minutes (like Google does), that would avoid the logon screen and auto-action from our kiosk software.

I did figure out how to expose OData to Excel, but I’m not sure if Excel can auto-refresh the OData feed for me and then access via a Sharepoint URL.  Seems like too many steps and I would lose the color formatting I have on the Generic Inquiry.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Excel can auto refresh using the desktop version, but not the web as far as I know.  

Klipfolio is a decent tool for create dashboards that'll connect to OData and refresh frequently. 

PowerBI probably won't refresh as often as you'd like.  

I'm sure people on here have many other dashboard applications that'll handle this.  

I'd only try to get your auto login to work if you need users to interact with it.  For example we have one similar to what you described that auto logins in, but it's on a huge touch screen and they open orders that are being picked up on it.  

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved