Solved

Errro Saving a Generic Inquiry - Maximum Value Reached

• 16 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I am wondering what the fix might be for this error message I receive when trying to save a new Generic Inquiry. There are many unused numbers available but how do I control the next number for screen id? I have looked through numbering sequences to no avail. Thanks for any help you can provide.

icon

Best answer by BenjaminCrisman 16 September 2022, 03:40

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@DConcannon This numbering sequence isn’t controlled by an actual numbering sequence which can be adjusted.

Instead the basis for the next ID is off the last number used, so if you skipped way ahead in the GI building and found yourself at 99.99.99, then you’ll need to either rename them via the site map.

It might be possible to start a new numbering sequence (like GIS00000) by renaming the last one made to this example and then see if you can create a new GI with the sequence hopefully picking up where this one left off.

Sometimes this can happen also if you use letters at the end of the GI, it can be difficult for the GI to know where to start next.

Let me know if this helps, Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Thank you @BenjaminCrisman 

I did as you instructed and renamed the Screen ID’s via the Site Map. I have had no issues with future inquiries. Thanks again for your help!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved