Solved

Dashboard caching issue: dashbord is always filter widgets based on logged user's employee id.

• 24 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,
I created a new Generic Inquiry window using Px.Objects.EP.EPEmployee, Px.Objects.EP.EPTimeCard.

And set the Employee ID as a parameter without default value and not from schema.

Then created a Dashboard using this GI window. 

• Owner role: DashboardDesigner
  • set Employee ID as a parameter without default value and not from schema.

Then designed the dashboard with widgets as below figure. 

After logged as a user who is an administrative employee and run the dashboard. Initial load the employee id is filtering based on logged user’s employee id.

Removed the employee id from the filter parameter box and select a new employee. But the widgets are not loading correctly. Then activate the design mode and check the widget parameters, and found the logged user employee id has been set as the default employee id. 

After removing the value widgets are loading correctly, but every new session this logged user employee id is set as the widget’s parameter. Therefore, every time need to activate the design mode and has to remove the value, which is not convenient. 

Any suggestion for this behavior? Or any solution?

icon

Best answer by aaghaei 24 February 2023, 20:48

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Allshashw! I’m not sure if this is related but there are some fields which are programmed to grab default values, so you may need to try using a different field to get this.

Like on the TimeCard screen the employee is typically automatically entered based off the user logged in, so this could be grabbing the default just because it’s how the field operates.

This can be beneficial when you need a default without specifying, but it can also be annoying sometimes because you don’t want a default value but the field grabs it anway.

Maybe setup a test GI where it’s a different field calling in the EmployeeID and see if that uses a default or not.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Allshashw 

@BenjaminCrisman is right but I have noticed most of the times by using the schema fields from the very “Source Screen” where creates the master records we can avoid field defaulting. In your case possibly EPEmployee screen (where we create employees) is the screen you want to use as your employee schema source in your GI/DB employee parameter.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I just recalled someone else had similar issue but on BranchID a few weeks ago that resolved by similar workaround and this is the link. Hope it helps

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved