Solved

Customized GI for Projects

• 6 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi,

I am trying to create a customized GI so I can filter by Project Task ID, Subaccount, SubAccount Description, and actual line item total for Project Task ID. Part of this should pull from the revenue budget. I would also like to add the expense project task id, total and margins for both revenue/expense project task ID. I started for the revenue part. See screenshot. However, I am having issues with the total not pulling for each Project Task ID. What I am missing from my GI setup? I have attached my actual GI. Any assistance would be great. 

Thanks,

Frances 

icon

Best answer by aaghaei 6 June 2023, 07:21

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @fpantelidakis65  In the above provided GI, you have not joined the tables between PMRevenueBudget and other required tables, so what is the issue you are facing and also you can share the GI, which you are getting the wrong results?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@fpantelidakis65  in addition to what @Naveen Boga has pointed out, please note Project Task, Revenue Budget & Cost Budget are three n-2-n relational tables. You can not really join them in a GI to have your total Revenue and Cost grouped by Task in one GI. In fact, it is not achievable really using GI without some upfront processing and creating possibly some Custom Projection DAC. You need something similar to PMTaskTotal DAC which is aggregating Actuals to date. You will need to 2 Custom DAC one for Revenue and another for Cost Budget Aggregated by TaskID then you can use the result of these DACs in your GI.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Naveen and Reza,

Thanks for your responses. I will look into you suggestions and follow up if I have any questions.

Thank you,

Frances

@fpantelidakis65 Were you able to find a way to make the contract amount show up in the GI? I recently went through the same struggle so I could export project names with contract amounts to excel and I couldn’t find the right combo. (Whenever I got any sort of dollar amounts to show up they were huge random numbers and the projects were duplicated times hundreds and I had to give up.)

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved