Question

Creating a new report

• 7 March 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

How does one create a fully new report? I’m making a tweaked version of an existing report, but need to create a new report on the site, and I’m not sure how.

Thanks for any help.

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @ALEXSLUSSER15 you would need to create a space in Acumatica to be able to save your report to it. You can go to the Site Map and Specify a new ScreenID, Title, URL, Workspace, and Category:

Then on report designer you can open the existing report and save as into the new screen:

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hello @ALEXSLUSSER15 

We can create the new report by using the report designer tool. And after that, you can save it to the server and publish it to the system by adding a new report to the site map.

Below help documentation that might help.

Overview of Reporting

https://help-2022r2.acumatica.com/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=d99733eb-ec44-45c6-b1cb-5ddf24780563

S150 REPORT DESIGNER training

https://openuni.acumatica.com/courses/reporting/s150-reporting-report-designer/

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

It’s easiest to start with a generic inquiry that provides the data, parameters, and filters that you need. After creating that inquiry, click the ellipsis on the GI screen and export the GI as a report. 

Next under the site map screen, add a new line to the site map which will be where your report “lives” in Acumatica. Follow the documentation for how to best save this new web page or copy the logic from other pages in the site map.

Next, save the report from report designer to this new location. You should now be able to access this report from within Acumatica

From there you just need to create the report in report designer. You may struggle with report grouping, so you may want to look into the documentation around that. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @ALEXSLUSSER15 you would need to create a space in Acumatica to be able to save your report to it. You can go to the Site Map and Specify a new ScreenID, Title, URL, Workspace, and Category:

Then on report designer you can open the existing report and save as into the new screen:

Hope this helps!

@estebanperalta54 I’ve added a new report to the site map and tried to save to the server but when I try and access the report on the sitemap it gives an error that the rpx extension is needed, despite both the report file and the report on the site map having the rpx extension.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@ALEXSLUSSER15 Interesting, I just tried it now and saved successfully. Are you sure your URL is correct? Were you able to save the Site Map correctly making sure the screen ID is updated on the URL:

Userlevel 2
Badge

@ALEXSLUSSER15Interesting, I just tried it now and saved successfully. Are you sure your URL is correct? Were you able to save the Site Map correctly making sure the screen ID is updated on the URL:

@estebanperalta54 Yeah, I double checked everything. It should be working, but I still get the error of rpx extension being missing.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @ALEXSLUSSER15  were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@ALEXSLUSSER15 What did you end up finding on this?

If you have only saved your report locally, then you need to open the report and save to the server (give it a version name and click to save as new version).

Then it should be accessible via the site and Report Designer.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved