Solved

Converting a report formula into a generic inquiry.

• 13 August 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi, I am trying to convert a pre-existing report to a generic inquiry. Most of the hurdles I have managed to figure out, however I have gotten stuck at the formula for a balance.

The formula is as follows:

I would like to know why I can’t find [ARRegister.SignBalance] in the generic inquiry. 

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by BenjaminCrisman 4 October 2021, 17:53

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @branson53 ! I have seen this before with the SignBalance field and it is not available to use in GI, but there should be a workaround. Have you tried using something where if the DocType is X, then take the amount and  *( -1), then proceed with the expression.

Based on the source code screen it appears this is just a read-only field, which often times means the field is not able to be used in GI type environment:

But there are only three possible values for this field so it should be able to be worked around using an IIF statement and multiplying by -1 if needed.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved