Solved

Changing multi-column report to single, only returning every other result

• 25 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi all,

I’m modifying the stock Location Labels report to a format that will better fit the labels we want to use. I wasn’t smart enough to keep a print out of the original report, but it basically outputs two columns of location labels. If you haven’t seen it, think of it like this:

Location 1 Location 2
Location 3 Location 4
Location 5 Location 6

Honestly I kind of hacked and slashed the report, removing all of the objects on the right side as well as adding a barcode and some other stuff, to where it only outputs one location label per page. All of my additions and changes work, except the report still behaves as if it had the second column, and when I request a range of locations it gives me the equivalent of Location 1, Location 3, Location 5, etc. If I start the range on Location 2, it will then give me Location 4, Location 6, etc.

I’m sure there’s probably a simple answer here, but I have a case of Friday burnout and this is kicking my butt. Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt Nelsen

icon

Best answer by lauraj46 28 February 2023, 03:54

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @MattNelsen ,

The standard report looks uses the ‘next’ function to print the data from two records in one section.  The ‘VisibleExpr’ property conditionally hides every other row.  If you have deleted the second column from the report then you can blank out the VisibleExpr field or set it to True.

Hope this helps!

Laura

Userlevel 1

Thank you so much Laura! That did the trick.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved