Solved

Business Event not firing if Generic Inquiry has a conditional

• 14 August 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Strange issue with Business Event not firing if the underlying GI has a conditional on it.  Worked through all the troubleshooting guides I could find, and still stumped.

I have a Generic Inquiry which is a simple join of the AMMTran table and the AMProdItem table:

The relations are simple, just joining the shared keys of OrderType and prodOrdID:

And my conditions are straightforward, looking for Materials documents that linked to Closed production orders:

And my business event is set to “Trigger by Record Change” with Raise Event set to “For Each Record”:

This does not fire. 

If I change my conditions on the GI to remove the status=Completed, it works fine (though it fires immediately upon issue of the materials, which is NOT what I need, as I need to do something with the Material once the Production order completes).

I have tried it with “from schema” for the condition instead of the =’M’, so it’s not anything that simple.

I’ve tried changing the Trigger conditions to be Record Inserted (doesn’t appear to work at all for this GI, which is particularly perplexing, as I expected the BE to fire every time the GI had a new record – isn’t that the point of these settings?).

I’ve tried to us the Shared Filter instead of a condition in the GI (doesn’t work).

And I’ve tried to pass the unfiltered GI to the Business Event and essentially include the conditions in the trigger conditions:

(And to rule out the weird “Record Inserted” behavior, I’ve made the first condition of the Trigger Conditions match my earlier working version (which fires too early), and this doesn’t work either:

It’s particularly strange, as I would have at least expected the subsequent change of field value to cause a second triggering (which, worst case I could filter out in my triggered subscriber), but when it works (and only on the GI without a conditional on the status) it still only fires the first time the record is created.

Why?

Any thoughts or insights are REALLY appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

-Matt

Oh, and PS: I did make sure I have all key fields included in my results grid on the GI:

icon

Best answer by BenjaminCrisman 13 September 2023, 20:40

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @matthewbeebe 

Could you please select the status ID FROM schema and elect completed status?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @matthewbeebe 

Try removing Trigger Conditions on the business event. We had a similar issue as you did and removed that and it would then email. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@matthewbeebe I would recommend to upload the BE and the GI to see if I can check it and get the same results.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @matthewbeebe 

Thanks

tried it both ways; doesn’t make a difference 

Userlevel 3
Badge

HI @matthewbeebe 

Try removing Trigger Conditions on the business event. We had a similar issue as you did and removed that and it would then email. 

problem with that is I can’t have it be a scheduled business event…  needs to trigger when the row is inserted 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Since you mentioned the issue Email is triggering without condition I recommend you to follow the below suggestion once

Hi @matthewbeebe 

Thanks

Userlevel 1

Hi Matthew

Did you get this resolved?  I am having same issue for a GI/Business event that previously worked until upgraded.

Jen

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

HI @matthewbeebe 

problem with that is I can’t have it be a scheduled business event…  needs to trigger when the row is inserted 

@matthewbeebe The BE has a trigger condition called Record Inserted, but just because it meets the conditions to be “inserted” in the GI, does not mean that this is a new record and something new is being inserted into the DB, so for this reason it is not always recommended to use only Record Inserted.

Additionally, it is recommended to use the conditions of the GI on the BE instead, if possible.

Did you end up finding a way to get this triggered?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved