Solved

Bills & Adjustments -- incorrect excel export

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi all, we’re having issues with our Bill & Adjustments excel export… it seems it’s only exporting fields based on one column (Vendor name) and not another (Description). Any ideas?

You can see B&A shows 10 records, but only 6 were exported into Excel. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by meganfriesen37 6 March 2023, 23:49

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @swartzfeger! Have you made any modifications to the the GI?

When I quick filter and click export it exports the whole results grid set, it shouldn’t just go off of one field.

The expected result would bet that all 10 records are exported.

Can you upload your GI to the post and we can check it?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @swartzfeger! Have you made any modifications to the the GI?

When I quick filter and click export it exports the whole results grid set, it shouldn’t just go off of one field.

The expected result would bet that all 10 records are exported.

Can you upload your GI to the post and we can check it?

Hey Benjamin thanks!

I forgot to check the GI (I’m still new to this). I did check the results grid (where I think things could go wrong) and I *think* it looks ok.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@swartzfeger Thank you for xml file, i checked it locally and it still works as expected:

The extra record is the header, but it still exported all of them off results grid if they were in any of the fields queried by the quick search.

Do you have some kind of formatting applied in Excel? Does this happen for other users also?

Userlevel 5
Badge

@swartzfeger Thank you for xml file, i checked it locally and it still works as expected:

The extra record is the header, but it still exported all of them off results grid if they were in any of the fields queried by the quick search.

Do you have some kind of formatting applied in Excel? Does this happen for other users also?

Yes this happens to our primary user of B&A. No excel formatting that I know of. Sometimes it exports all records; sometimes a partial export (like in the above example); sometimes it will export 0 records and the excel file will be empty.

I did notice that when I use column configurator and add/remove columns can affect the export.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@swartzfeger I would try this, copy the GI and click the + to make a new GI, give it name and then paste the other GI in, de-select the option to Make Visible in the UI so it doesn’t overwrite the other GI which is an important primary list, then Save it.

You can also export the GI so you have the existing version saved before you make my recommended changes.

The first thing I would do is have the user open the column configurator and click Reset to Default > check the export.

If that doesn’t work then I would go into the GI and click the clipboard in the toolbar and then Reset to Default

This will return the GI to the version I was using > test this and if it work.

If needed you can make the necessary changes back by checking the copied GI or re-import the GI to get it back.

Let me know if this helps

Userlevel 5
Badge

@swartzfeger I would try this, copy the GI and click the + to make a new GI, give it name and then paste the other GI in, de-select the option to Make Visible in the UI so it doesn’t overwrite the other GI which is an important primary list, then Save it.

You can also export the GI so you have the existing version saved before you make my recommended changes.

The first thing I would do is have the user open the column configurator and click Reset to Default > check the export.

If that doesn’t work then I would go into the GI and click the clipboard in the toolbar and then Reset to Default

This will return the GI to the version I was using > test this and if it work.

If needed you can make the necessary changes back by checking the copied GI or re-import the GI to get it back.

Let me know if this helps

Interestingly, I just reset my column configurator, filtered, exported and excel picked up 0 out of 10 records. It seems something about the results grid is throwing this off. FWIW I’m a few versions behind in Acumatica BTW...

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

What version are you on? There are issues around this and there’s some known issues with a couple early 2022 R1 versions.  It’s fixed in Acumatica ERP 2022 R1 update 15 (22.115.0035) or later.

The workaround to resolve the issue of not all lines exporting to Excel is to put asterisks (*) around your search term in the quick search box and then the export should work normally. 

https://community.acumatica.com/reports-and-generic-inquires-83/known-issue-in-acumatica-erp-2022-r1-users-could-not-export-data-from-a-generic-inquiry-to-microsoft-excel-if-a-filter-was-applied-in-the-search-box-of-a-form-10372

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thank you @meganfriesen37, I was testing in 22.206, so it isn’t an issue there. I had totally forgotten about this bug, great find!

Userlevel 5
Badge

What version are you on? There are issues around this and there’s some known issues with a couple early 2022 R1 versions.  It’s fixed in Acumatica ERP 2022 R1 update 15 (22.115.0035) or later.

The workaround to resolve the issue of not all lines exporting to Excel is to put asterisks (*) around your search term in the quick search box and then the export should work normally. 

https://community.acumatica.com/reports-and-generic-inquires-83/known-issue-in-acumatica-erp-2022-r1-users-could-not-export-data-from-a-generic-inquiry-to-microsoft-excel-if-a-filter-was-applied-in-the-search-box-of-a-form-10372

Yup, Acumatica Cloud ERP 22.110.0018. But thanks for the asterisk trick! And thanks for the help Benjamin!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved