Solved

Audit Trail Reports and GIs

• 13 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello,

I want to write reports and/or GIs to show audit trail history.

Specifically, I want to show value changes, the field name, what the value was before and the new value and the user who performed the change.

I would also like to be able to report lines that were deleted.

Specifically, this is for projects, but the question is applicable in general.

What table and fields would I use?

I see an AuditHistory DAC, but it does not have USER, BEFORE VALUE, AFTER VALUE.

And the ModifiedFields entry seems like an unusable jumble of stuff.

icon

Best answer by BenjaminCrisman 13 September 2022, 16:25

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hello @ltussing03  I have a generic inquiry which shows the last modification on the report with the date and user name.

It might help you up to some extent.

Thank you

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Thanks!

I don’t seem to be able to download the file from here.

It just opens the file.

I’d like to be able to import it so I can view it through the Acumatica interface.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks!

I don’t seem to be able to download the file from here.

It just opens the file.

I’d like to be able to import it so I can view it through the Acumatica interface.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again!

Check here ReportMods.xml

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @ltussing03 Along with what Manikanta has mentioned these fields record the changes, not necessarily what the values were beforehand, but this would be captured in the initial creation of a record as long as auditing was turned on.

Once the audit is turned on you can filter the results of AuditHistory for the record(s) needing to view and then see what the value was beforehand which would be captured prior in the audit as well as the newer records in the table which would show what the value had change to.

This is after creating an SO, then adding the Description of TEST, then changing that to TEST UPDATE:

The before and after values are both visible

Also, to download files Right Click > Save Link As...

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Thanks!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved