Skip to main content
Solved

ARm Report - Formula for the Value Inequalities between two columns in Column Sets

• 20 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Currently our company have a requirement for Cash Flow Statement for the;

Current Assets - the condition is if the (Present Month > Previous Month) = ( Present Month - Previous Month) (-1) for true value , and (Present Month - Previous Month)(+1) for false value

Current Liabilities - the condition is if the (Present Month  > Previous Month) = (Present Month - Previous Month)(+1) for true value, (Present Month - Previous Month)(-1) for false value

The representation is just like this, the amounth type is ending balance

Now i am having a problem making the Value/ Formula on the Column with the condition regarding the inequality of the Present Month and Previous Month.

Is there a way to make the condition possible work on the ARm Report?

2 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

I think it will be very difficult to capture the above report results as stated.

While we can list each line in formula values, such as-  If A1000 > B 1000 then…   etc, you might run out of space.  Just this week I was working in ARM with a long Iif statement using Periods across the page, and the system truncated the Iif statement  upon saving… there is a finite amount of space for the Iif statements in Column Value. When I cut short the Iif statement as a test, the report worked but took a long time to run, maybe 10x as long as it took before I added the Iif statement for just one column.

ARM reports meet the needs of most of our clients, perhaps 90%. For those with more complex financial reporting needs, we recommend Velixo. Velixo adds Acumatica functions to Excel and reads the Acumatica database from Excel.

You can find more information about Velixo in this Community.

Someone else may come along with more ideas for you.  Good luck with your report!

Userlevel 1

Hello Laura,

I think i did a workaround for this, i dissect and separated the formula for each column to get the specific formula and answer;

I narrow it down by using the IIf Formula and getting only the range of row numbers with the specific data needed.

After getting the first answer on the formula, i did a decision for the Current Asset Requirement

I did also a decision for the Current Liabilities Requirement

After getting the answers per column all i did was using the IIf Function to get the data needed per row number.