Solved

Workers Compensation

Userlevel 3
Badge

Employees work for different Customers in different states.  Some of these customers are responsible to handle the workers compensation for the employees who work at their location(s).  Is there a proper setup or best practice for this? 

icon

Best answer by Denise Johnson 6 May 2021, 16:55

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @amyj03

A few questions-are you currently providing workers’ compensation to your employees? 

If so, when the employees work for these customers; are you allowed to not calculate it?  

Thanks, 
Denise

Userlevel 3
Badge

Currently this Payroll customer handles their workers compensation manually so the current implementation does not have anything setup for WCC calculations. Until I find out more information, is there a way to “flag” the customers that are responsible for the WC when our employees work for them?  

Userlevel 3
Badge

@amyj03

No, unfortunately, there is no way for Payroll to know what projects/customers would be paying for their own workers’ compensation.  It would be a manual process if calculation is needed from your company side as well.   

You could set up an “dummy” code to use when the employee works on that project so that no WC is calculated.  Similar to something like “9999” for exempt employees with a “0” rate.   

Let me know - we can always try to work through a solution. 

Thank you, 
Denise

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks Denise.  I’ll be back in touch as I uncover more of our user’s needs.. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved