Question

Salary Employee Rate Calculation

• 22 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello Everyone,

I am looking to see if there are any other options for a minor issue I am facing. On older versions of the payroll modules, like 2020R2, the system calculated salaried employees’ paychecks by the amount of hours times their salary rate (divided by the amount of pay periods). 

For instance if a salaried employee was paid $1000 per pay period for 80 hours, then for 40 hours they would be paid $500. In newer versions this changes to $1000 regardless of the amount of hours they have. This makes sense to me but I am wondering if there is any setting I can change to turn this back?

I know one option is to make those salaried employees “hourly”. Another option is to change their type, on the paycheck, to “hourly”.

In the meantime I have created an inquiry that I use to show salary employees hours that we run after a payroll import to see if we need to do any manual changes (we are working with 300 employees, about 100 are salaried). If someone is under 80 hours we go ahead and manually change those like in the screenshot above.

If anyone has any other ideas please let me know.

Thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hello 

if you need to short pay a salaried employee for some reason, you can create a special batch , select the employee or employees that you want and then go to each employees earning details and specify the amount you want to pay. see below

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello 

if you need to short pay a salaried employee for some reason, you can create a special batch , select the employee or employees that you want and then go to each employees earning details and specify the amount you want to pay. see below

Thanks for the insight on other options. It’s tricky because they have about 100 salaried employees and it’s not the same each pay period for who works less than 80 hours. I think we’ll just refer to the inquiry before we calculate taxes.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

If a salary employee has not worked their total hours, should the hours be replaced by something else, such as PTO? 

Here is another way to change the employee’s salary pay during the payroll process.  In Paychecks and Adjustments (PR302000), go to the Financial tab and enter the flat amount to pay:

Userlevel 3
Badge

If a salary employee has not worked their total hours, should the hours be replaced by something else, such as PTO? 

Here is another way to change the employee’s salary pay during the payroll process.  In Paychecks and Adjustments (PR302000), go to the Financial tab and enter the flat amount to pay:

In our case, sometimes salary do not work 80 hours. I realize you can change it on the financial tab. The catch in our situation is to find which employees are not at 80 hours per period. It’s rare but it happens. My solution is to create a generic inquiry that shows those employees with less than 80 hours as salary for that pay period. The payroll user checks this inquiry after importing the payroll batch and before calculating taxes. It is tricky because we have over 200 employees on payroll on one tenant as you know. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved