Solved

Payroll 401k Report

• 13 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I am looking for a 401k report by payperiod for upload to the 401k provider (or Generic Inquiry).  What is the best report to start with for customization that includes deduction by payperiod and YTD total earnings and hours?

Thanks

Sharon

icon

Best answer by mikedavidson07 13 October 2022, 16:04

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

So, to my knowledge there is no out-of-the-box solution for what you are looking for.  Our company created a custom GI that pulls from several tables of data to get the information we need to upload our 401k file to their site.  We simply do an export of the excel file from Acumatica.  If you want some guidance on how we did ours, feel free to reach out to me.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Laura,

Yes I would love to learn more.  

Sharon

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi Sharon,

Here is a simple Generic Inquiry for deductions by date range that may get you going.

1. Download “WacPrDeductionDetails”  attached to the message or from this link: Acumatica PR GI
  2. In Acumatica go to Customization, Profiles, and open Generic Inquiry.
  3. Click the clipboard icon and select “Import from XML”.

4. On the Upload XML File choose the file you downloaded in step 1.
  5. Once imported make sure the top section looks like this so it’s available on the Payroll desktop.

6. Now back in Payroll you should have the new item under the Inquiries section “Employee Deduction Details”.

Once you run inquire by the dates desired, you can filter by your 401K deduction code and export to Excel.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you Mike!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved