Skip to main content
Solved

How to configure Vacation days (that must still deduct from PTO vacation bank) to count toward the weekly OT?

• 18 July 2022
  • 4 replies

Scenario 2)  Vacation days must count towards weekly over time.  We have a PTO bank for vacation and must deduct any vacation hours from the bank.  My Earning Type code is setup as “Time Off”. 

I’m looking for ideas on how I can have vacation hours taken still count towards the weekly OT. 

Thanks in advance. 

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

When "Total Hours per Year" is used in the accrual method of the PTO Bank, PTO hours are accrued on a yearly basis, and are not calculated based on the earning code hours. Thus the system disregards the "Accrue Time Off" setting on the Earning Type.

In order for the PTO Disbursement to not accrue PTO time, the bank has to be set to percentage accrual type and the Earning Type checkbox for "Accrue Time Off" cleared.

Formulas based on the accrual methods:

• Hours Per Year: HoursPerYear / NbrOfPayPeriods * AccruingDays /  DaysInPeriod + FrontLoadingAmount + CarryoverAmount = TotalAccrual
  • Percentage: (rate * AccruingHours) + FrontLoadingAmount + CarryoverAmount = TotalAccrual

Userlevel 3
Badge

2023 R2 and forward… you can configure Earning Types such as Holiday and Vacation to count toward overtime hours. Thank you Acumatica! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

this is good news, i can see a few clients this will be helpful for!  is this something you specify on the PTO bank or is it on the earning type?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Look in Release notes 2023 R2: Initial https://acumatica-builds.s3.amazonaws.com/builds/23.2/ReleaseNotes/AcumaticaERP_2023R2_ReleaseNotes_full.pdf