Skip to main content
Solved

How can I process commissions via Payroll?

Hello all,

I have been looking out for ways or steps/guide for processing commissions via Payroll in Acumatica. Would really be grateful.

Thanks in advance.

17 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

you have 2 options:

if you are using the commission calculation that Acumatica has in the system out of the box, you can import those when you create a new batch and click the add employees button. there are 3 options on the header, one is sales commissions. if you check that box, Acumatica will import the commissions that have been calculated in AR.

the second option is to enter manually. Depending on how many sales people you have, you can enter into each employee that is getting commissions or you can import from the earnings tab in the batch.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

you have 2 options:

if you are using the commission calculation that Acumatica has in the system out of the box, you can import those when you create a new batch and click the add employees button. there are 3 options on the header, one is sales commissions. if you check that box, Acumatica will import the commissions that have been calculated in AR.

the second option is to enter manually. Depending on how many sales people you have, you can enter into each employee that is getting commissions or you can import from the earnings tab in the batch.

Hey @pbennett , would you mind sharing some screenshots? I am getting a bit confused in here😅

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

happy to help but can you tell me which option are you doing and what you want to do ? are wanting to import data or enter data? are you using AR to calculate the commissions?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

happy to help but can you tell me which option are you doing and what you want to do ? are wanting to import data or enter data? are you using AR to calculate the commissions?

Which one would be most sufficient and easiest to do? I would like to go with that option.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

how many employees make commission every payrun?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

how many employees make commission every payrun?

it is variable. Not fixed.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

but is it less than 10 or over 50? i am trying to figure out if you should import or enter

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hey @pbennett  Its over 50

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

hey @pbennett , Hope you’re doing well. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Harshita I believe this is the area @pbennett was referring to:

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

If you are not using the AR commissions you can follow the steps below:

1. create a PR batch
  2. Add employees
  3. create an excel file with the commission information. make sure you have all required fields
  4. open the earnings tab on the payroll batch
  5. use the up arrow to import the excel file

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

hello @pbennett & @iqraharrison , Thank you so much for your kind help. I have been trying your mentioned steps but it shows me the following warning:

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

you need to have a commission earning type

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

you need to have a commission earning type

Hey @pbennett , And this too:

I setup the as follows:

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Even for the commissions am I missing something?

It didnt calculate the commission

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

sorry I don't know with out doing a lot of investigation. look at the trace 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

make sure the stock item is marked as commissionable