Question

Expense Claim Approval error

• 11 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello community,

i have been facing issue related to the Expense Claim Approvals. It triggers the following error:

I tried to unpublish the customizations and then check out but it still shows the same error.

Have also defined the Approval Map under the preferences screen too but it displays the following error.

But when I remove the Approval Map from Times & Expenses Pref screen → Explain Claim Approval map then it doesnt throw any error since the approval isn’t been applied now.

Why is it so?

5 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

Has any Employee been deleted, or Inactivated?  It seems like there is a person in the Approval Map who is not active or not available for routing the approval.

Look at the Approval Map, Rule Actions tab.  It may show the exact name of the Approval, or it may show their position, where this screen shot shows Employee’s Supervisor.

Find the Approver
Check Status of Employee or Employee Supervisor who is the approver in Employees

If the Map is outdated and refers to a manager who left the company, for example: update the Reports To on the Employee record.  Or replace the Approver who is gone with a different Employee in the Approval Map.

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello,

Has any Employee been deleted, or Inactivated?  It seems like there is a person in the Approval Map who is not active or not available for routing the approval.

Look at the Approval Map, Rule Actions tab.  It may show the exact name of the Approval, or it may show their position, where this screen shot shows Employee’s Supervisor.

Find the Approver
Check Status of Employee or Employee Supervisor who is the approver in Employees

If the Map is outdated and refers to a manager who left the company, for example: update the Reports To on the Employee record.  Or replace the Approver who is gone with a different Employee in the Approval Map.

Laura

Hey @Laura02 ,

The Employee and the Approver both are activated I tried to create AR Bill and Invoices using the same employee and approver and it didnt raise any error but for this it is.

Badge +18

Hello,

Is there any more information in the Tools→ Trace screen?

Could the User ID connected to one of the employees above be disabled in User Security → Users screen?

Do any employee expense claim approvals work successfully?

Can you identify #19 employee and compare both the User and Employee records to User/Employee records of one employee/approver whose expense claim works successfully?  To identify #19, add BAccountID to Employees preview list:

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello,

Is there any more information in the Tools→ Trace screen?

Could the User ID connected to one of the employees above be disabled in User Security → Users screen?

Do any employee expense claim approvals work successfully?

Can you identify #19 employee and compare both the User and Employee records to User/Employee records of one employee/approver whose expense claim works successfully?  To identify #19, add BAccountID to Employees preview list:

Laura

Hey @Laura02 ,

There aren’t any info getting displayed under the Trace. Its just empty.
The employee has an individual a/c and the approver has his individual a/c and have been running properly.

I added the BAccount ID but there’s not record that lists to #19.

I checked the workflow for some employees so this particular error is getting triggered for some of them. Like when I checked it for some other employee then it triggered the same error but with #13.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @Harry were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved