Solved

Creating a Roth deduction code

• 27 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

What is the best way to set up a Roth 401k deduction code? We currently have pre-tax deduction codes and will offer Roth beginning in 2024.

Right now I have the Roth deduction code set up as not affecting tax calculations, however I noticed that, if the Affects Tax Calculation box is checked, there is a Roth 401k Code Type on the US Tax Settings tab. Should I mark the Roth deduction as affecting tax calculation and select this Code Type?

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by KristenHanson84 27 July 2023, 23:32

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @jessicaASA 

You should select the Code Type for ROTH401k as the tax engine will know how to calculate it, and the reporting will be correct.

Userlevel 2

@jessicaASA - Also remeber to select the correct reporting type on the deduction Tab and if they are older the allow catch-up on the Employee Payroll settings - Tax Settings tab.

shannon

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved