Solved

Can you delete workers comp codes from the system

• 18 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

hi,

in the middle of an implementation and noticed when i tried to update some workers comp codes, the system added new records instead of updating the records.  i am trying to find out if there is a way to delete the rates that are not needed?  i didn’t see the option to delete on the WCC screen or the deductions and benefits (client is using acumatica payroll).  none of the WCC have been added to anything yet.

i haven’t tried just deleting the code itself but i see that’s an option and will probably end up going that route but wanted to see if there were any other options! 

i appreciate your help!

icon

Best answer by iqraharrison48 18 August 2023, 19:22

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Iqraharrison48,

The rate panel is designed to be flexible to show the historical information or let the user update the existing data.  To update the existing data without the need to add a new row.

Simply:

1. Click on the Benefit Rate
  2. Update the Rate
  3. Tab to Effective Date
  4. Update the Effective Date
  5. Save      

As you found the form does not provide a way for you to delete a row by design. 

Deleting the Workers Comp Code is also not an option.  The system will give you an error message,
PX.Objects.PM.PMWorkCode (5022) cannot be deleted because it is referenced in multiple tables. For details, see trace.

If you want to provide your client with current data only, then if you contact support, they will be able to provide you with a script to clean up the rate table.

@SoniaEchols90 

Understanding the historical functionality with the effective dates on the rates portion (and glad its there), and with the ability to filter the results to active only or by state and such, it gives a great holistic view. 

With humans being humans :-) if a typo or an entry is made in error during maintenance, say a new rate is entered in error, without the ability to delete the entry, is the recommendation to just update the “new” (incorrect) rate to the prior (correct) rate? It would have two identical entries for that state with only the effective date being different. Which is where a deletion would normally come into play. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@SoniaEchols90 thank you for taking the time to look at this!

unfortunately, manually updating all this information would take hours, the client has about 25 codes with about 30 different states.  unfortunately for me, when i uploaded it the effective date didn’t stick and the system used the date i imported the data not the actual effective date.  it would be about 900 records that 

however, since i have not tagged any transactions or used any of the WCCs in any capacity, i was able to delete the 25 codes and will reimport them with the correct date.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

the workaround i found to ensure the effective date is correct is to change the system date on the top right then upload the codes first and then the rates (leaving the effective date as your system date):

if you don't, then the system will not activate the imported ones, it will add a new line with the same code, different date.  this causes issues when you are importing after the effective date has passed.  i feel like there is room for improvement on this screen @SoniaEchols90 i’d love to discuss if/when you have time!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved