Solved

Can Expense Claim be only used without using Expense Receipt form? How to turn status to open?

• 15 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Currently, when staff submit Expense Claims, they have to upload their Receipts first, then submit an Expense Claim where they select their uploaded receipts to be reimbursed.

Just wondering if this can be done in one step by just going into the Expense Claim and entering all the receipt information and attaching receipts there. We have tried this but doing so puts the receipt line On Hold and creates the Expense Receipt transaction that requires us to go in and release it.

Please let me know if claims can be processed without being dependent on Expense Receipts forms and only using Expense Claims forms, If yes, please guide me by steps how to change the settings of the Status to have an “Open” status so that expense can be submitted on the Expenses Claims form for approval. 

Thanks

icon

Best answer by meganfriesen37 18 March 2024, 16:36

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You can enter receipts directly on the claim.  This creates the receipt in the background for you.  You always have to have a receipt to hold the detailed information.

Do you have an Approval Map on your Expense Receipts? 

If you do not have an approval map on your expense receipts, then the status of the receipts created (whether through the receipts screen or the claim screen) should automatically be “open.”  But if you have an approval map for receipts, they will automatically be “on hold” and then the receipts need to be submitted and approved before you can submit the claim.

~ Megan

Thank you Megan for your response. 

Since the claims directly go on hold after making an entry, I’m guessing an approval map is used for it. I can see that approval map has been set up for both claims and receipts

Could you please guide me where can I see if its being used? I saw the AP preferences approval tab but Receipt approval map is not used.

Also how would these approval map will need to be changed to automatically remove hold and give it an open status instead? Will amending/removing the approval map means that these claims will no longer be approved by the approver? That wouldn’t be ideal. 

Thanks in advance,

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello,

Please check the Time & Expense Preferences screen to see which approval maps are being used.  Likely you’ll want to remove the map from the Expense Receipt stage and just have the receipt approved as a whole.  In the example below there is no receipt approval map, so the receipts automatically go to “open” and are approved only at the claim level.

Megan

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved