Question

Why is Create Service Order Grayed Out?

• 17 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I think this is just ignorance but I have a customer who is upgrading to 2022 R2 and they no longer have a create service order option from the opportunity. It is there but it is grayed out. (You can hardly see it, but it is there:

So two questions: 

1. Is this just expected behavior, because my user has missed a step and that is why the Create Service Order isn’t active?
  2. Can I programmatically change it in the customization so it is enabled for them?

Thanks!

6 replies

Badge +18

Hello @mjgrice32 ,

I see there is another post, 8 months old, about the same problem in version 2022.  The post, by @phillipmarotta  saying Service Order can’t be created from an Opportunity after upgrade to 2022 is at the bottom in this link:

I’ve asked the previous poster if they found a solution.

Thank you.

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello @mjgrice32 ,

I see there is another post, 8 months old, about the same problem in version 2022.  The post, by @phillipmarotta  saying Service Order can’t be created from an Opportunity after upgrade to 2022 is at the bottom in this link:

I’ve asked the previous poster if they found a solution.

Thank you.

Laura

Thank you. 

Does anyone know how I could programmatically get around it perhaps? This must be something I can enable via a customization, isn't it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @mjgrice32,

I think you need to have to right settings mostly in the User Profiler and the Opportunity to enable to Create Service Order option for a specific opportunity.

Below is the screenshot of the my testing in 22R215,

For more details on it please refer to Create Service Order/Appointment Dialog Box section in below documentation,

https://help-2022r2.acumatica.com/(W(1))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=5cb49cd5-2be8-4617-9341-958f1c5d6d53

Good Luck,

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Vignesh Ponnusamy -

Thanks for the post. It seems to be an issue in the Opportunity itself, but what is frustrating for me is I cannot find anywhere that describes what the “secret sauce” is to make the option active. In the documentation you referenced, it only says that Service Order needs to be enabled, which is it. But yet, some opportunities have create Service Order active, and some I do not, and it isn’t intuitively obvious why.

Also, it seems like this hidden logic that activates the option is new, and my Users are frustrated because it seems to them to be arbitrary as to when it is active and when it isn’t.

I guess my question (sorry for the rant) is there anywhere that describes WHAT in an opportunity needs to be present to activate the Create Service Order Option? I can’t find it.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @mjgrice32 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @mjgrice32 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Not really. It appears that the workflow has changed in 2020 R2, which is why it changed. But as for a list of things that are required to activate it, I do not know.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved