Solved

Internal Server Error Returned on Push Notification

• 18 December 2023
  • 7 replies

Hello, I have created a Push Notification Webhook, to update external application when a Production Order is released. I had this working at one point, but now its not. I am using webhookinbox right now to test the webhook transmission. I am not getting anything to the inbox, so I looked inside the Acumatica system monitor, and I see the Push Notification was attempted, and the notification is as expected, but I keep getting a ‘webhook returns not success code: internal server error’. Not too sure where to go from here seems everything is working properly but it isn’t receiving a response from the server. Any suggestions/directions would be greatly appreciated, Thank you in advanced!

Exception =
System.InvalidOperationException: Send to target Mechanilink (New Prod Order) failed. Message: WebHook returns not success code: InternalServerError; Message: Internal Server Error
   at PX.PushNotifications.NotificationSenders.HttpClientPushNotificationSender.Send(NotificationResultWrapper results, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at PX.PushNotifications.UI.FailedToSendPushNotificationsProcess.SendPushNotifications(List`1 notifications)

icon

Best answer by jinin 19 December 2023, 10:27

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@ccarver Internal Server Error means that system could not able to reach the specified URL or something wrong with the server.

Have you tried to re-configure and verify?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @ccarver ,

As @Naveen Boga mentioned it may be a configuration issue. The WebHook configuration for the target (Mechanilink, in this case) may be incorrect or misconfigured. Or the target system (Mechanilink) may be experiencing internal server errors or issues on their end. Check the network configuration and ensure that there are no firewall or routing issues as well.

@Naveen Boga @jinin Thank you for your responses, and forgive my lack of understanding but I am unclear by what you mean when you say re-configure and verify. Here is how I set up the push notification webhook from the start.
First I created a push notification, then assigned a destination type of Webhook, I then provided the address that I got from my webhookinbox instance. After that I Assigned a Generic Inquiry to the push notification. For now I have it set to track all fields for troubleshooting but will set two fields under the fields table. I had this working a week or two ago, then returned to continue with implementation but received the error when I tested again. I have attached some screenshots of the push notification. Thank you again for you generous assistance.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@ccarver Can you please double-check the Webhook URL is correct one?

@Naveen Boga thank you for the reply, yes I just did, and I am still experiencing the same issue. I cannot figure out what changed this was working successfully a week ago. I have reached out to my admin to see if they have made any changes to our account that may have caused it. I have attached a couple screenshots of my most recent test, if you see something I’m overlooking. Thank you again so much for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @ccarver ,

I suspect there might be a permission issue. I attempted to access the URL and encountered the same error. Please check once.

@jinin Thank you for your reply, that was exactly the issue. So simple, I trusted this webhookinbox app too much. Created a short script/application to receive and handle the webhook, set it to that URL I created and it works just fine, something must have went wrong with the webhookinbox app. I was merely using that to test, so its no big issue if it doesn’t work, in the long term scheme of things. Again thank you, thank you @Naveen Boga as well for your help.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved