Question

Incorrect LastModifiedDateTime on deleted records

• 2 April 2024
  • 1 reply

When an Acumatica database table includes the DeletedDatabaseRecord field, records deleted from within the application are not removed from the database, but rather that field gets set to “true”/1 and the record is ignored by the application from that point forward.  At the time the record is marked as deleted, the LastModifiedDateTime field also gets updated, but to local time rather than UTC.

This is causing problems for an incremental data extract job that uses the greatest last modified date/time from the previous extract as a filter on the next extract.

As I look through our data, I see that this has been happening since we went live in 2020.

Here’s a test I ran this morning:  Created 3 Time Activity records.  Then updated one and deleted one.  Note how the Created & Modified dates and times are as expected except that the Last Mod date on the deleted record is 5 hours earlier than the Created DateTime (I’m currently 5 hrs behind UTC, in US Central time currently under DST).

FYI - this is an on-prem installation using MS SQL Server as the database.
If we had set our server time to UTC rather than US Central this problem would not occur because “local” time would match UTC.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @jetzerb08 

I suggest you submit a support ticket to Acumatica. They can provide a workaround to this while they fix the issue.

Regards,

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved