Do you find Windows 11 painfully slower than Windows 10?

• 12 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I just setup a new laptop and had it provisioned for Windows 10 Pro.  Natively, it was setup for Win 11.  I had some issues with the new pc unrelated to Acumatica.  To try to resolve the issues, I “upgraded” to Win 11.  Everything is working fine.  I did not have any issues that I’ve seen others with SQL Server (YAY).  

It is already painful to launch the site as it is, especially since I am a developer and I have to recompile my library frequently.  However, it now takes twice as long to launch the Acumatica site.  It is so bad now, I’m thinking of undoing the 2 days I spent getting Win 11 configured and getting all my projects, apps etc. migrated.  I am actually considering reverting back to Win 10.  Win 10 will stop being supported after 2025, so I thought I would bite the bullet and just get it over with.

Has anyone else experienced this performance degradation when switching from Win 10 to Win 11?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Joe Schmucker 

i am dealing with the same performance issues on one of my laptops that I accidentally upgraded to 11. 11 had huge conflict with McAfee when I started monitoring so I uninstalled McAfee but still considerably slower than windows 10.

I have noticed it struggles with Teams as well. When I’m on call using Teams and try to demo something I experience lagging a lot. This laptop is very decent 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I rolled back.  It was quick and painless.  I was literally waiting 4 minutes for the site to launch after compiling my DLL (which I do about every 3 minutes when debugging and trying to get things to work properly).  This was not just an inconvenience.  It was a serious problem.

THANK GOD I was able to roll back to Win 10.  If I couldn’t roll back, I would have wiped my pc and started over.  It was that bad.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved