Solved

RMA receipts showing up as supply in MRP

• 22 December 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

When I have an open RMA order for stock items - MRP states we will be receiving the items as supply that will satisfy demand. This is not appropriate since the materials must pass through quality inspection and disposition.

How can I remove RMA receipt material from being viewed as a supply signal in MRP?

icon

Best answer by jeremyd45 27 December 2021, 19:18

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

On Item Warehouse Details you can specify which Locations should be ignored by MRP.

Userlevel 1

The items haven’t been received so changing the locations will not make a difference.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

You can set a default location for RMA  for the warehouse (You would have to make a location), which would be an MRB or RMA location, which would then be excluded from MRP and on hand quantity calculations.

If you made a separate Warehouse (NOT location), you can remove all calculations for MRP from that warehouse buy deselecting all boxes:

Userlevel 1

I don’t want to create a separate warehouse when the RMA location is within an existing warehouse that performs production and RMA transactions.

The RMA order is open; no material is on hand, and MRP reads the order as a supply signal despite the material not being useful for production UNTIL a disposition is created.

I want to configure the RMA order type to be ignored by MRP for receipt operations. This will prevent the supply signals from being overstated for non-conforming material.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I don’t want to create a separate warehouse when the RMA location is within an existing warehouse that performs production and RMA transactions.

The RMA order is open; no material is on hand, and MRP reads the order as a supply signal despite the material not being useful for production UNTIL a disposition is created.

I want to configure the RMA order type to be ignored by MRP for receipt operations. This will prevent the supply signals from being overstated for non-conforming material.

Understood, but at this time it is not possible to configure the order type to not be included with MRP. MRP looks at the warehouses and locations, so if you have the same warehouse location for finished goods (or production) and RMA, the system doesn’t know what to do with it. By having a separate location within the warehouse that is not allowed in on hand quantity, it should not show up as supply. In your availability calculations, do you have the box checked to include sales returns in your available quantity? 

Where are you seeing the supply? I may be possibly not looking at the same thing you are. 

Userlevel 1

Looking at the MRP Detail Inquiry - I understand the locations can manage the on hand calculation, the issue is resolved once the material is received. 

Prior to material receipt, the system expects more supply than is appropriate thus reducing the purchase suggestions required to meet demand. The two lines in the screenshot are for RMA material and MRP increases qty. on hand even though they will be received into an RMA location.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Got it. This makes sense. There is another question about this here as well: 

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the link, I couldn’t find a related suggestion earlier.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved