Skip to main content

I am trying to figure out how to get the status of an Engineering Change Request to be Rejected. When I reject a request it just puts it back into the On Hold status and allows the user to submit the change again. I’d like to figure out how to Reject it.

That is not he expected behavior - please contact Acumatic support to research / resolve.

That is interesting. Why would there be a status for “Rejected” if it would never be expected to be in the Rejected state?

We did figure out the work around for this. Thank you. 

Hi @bradmestach - Would you be able to share the workaround you found? Thank you!

@Chris Hackett  Yes, my IT team wrote a customization for it. I would not have the extent of that customization handy, but if someone else needs this they can PM me and we can work together to help them out. 

@Chris Hackett  @angierowley75  

I’m going to attempt to fill in the gaps here.  We are running 24R1 and our State Workflow was setup as Initial State > On Hold > Pending Approval, then if Approved it would go to Approved state and if Rejected it would go to On Hold state.  We adjusted it to have the reject button go to Rejected state (which is an existing state, but unused by default) and then allowed the user to put the ECR back On Hold to restart the cycle.  

Now one issue I’ve not tracked down is when an ECR is submitted, a record shows up in the Approvals tab of the ECR, which is expected.  If the ECR is approved that record remains and is updated with a new status of Approved, which is expected.  However, when the ECR is rejected, the Approvals record is removed and you lose the history of who and when it was rejected.  Acumatica is actually deleting the record from the database table in this situation.  So, I’m still tracking down what is causing that to function that way as we would like to retain the history of rejections prior to an approval.