Solved

Recording Scrap to Expense at the Move Transaction

• 11 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have client that needs to remove items from production to be used for other purposes. For example, they produce 10 widgets and at the move they want to put 8 into inventory and charge 2 to scrap expense account. The client backflushes material and labor.

I configured the system as follows:

1. In the related work center, I set the scrap action to Write Off
  2. In the Production Order Preferences, I marked the checkbox to Include Scrap in Completions so the order completes since there will be no additional items produced
  3. I created a reason code with a usage type Production. The Acumatica help guide says the reason code should be of the type Production Scrap, but this is not an option.

When the move transaction is initiated, using the example above, 8 items are completed and put in inventory, but, at a cost of all 10. The reason code field is not editable, and I cannot figure out how it gets populated.

Any insight into what I am doing wrong would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

icon

Best answer by andrestamour43 11 January 2023, 20:21

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@frankfiorentino81, the reason code should be usage type production that is correct. If the order is using Actual cost method both scrap and quantity complete should be reported in the same move batch to divide cost over all 10 items. 

When you are performing the move, if scrap is not zero and the scrap action is Write-Off, the reason code field on the move transaction should be editable, if it is not then a support case should be opened. 

Hopefully this helps! 

-Andre

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@frankfiorentino81, to clarify the scrap action on the Move transaction must be Write-Off for the reason code to be enabled. The Move transaction defaults the scrap action from the production order details (AM209000). 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@andrestamour43 Thanks so much for the response. The issue is that while I changed the scrap action in the work center, it was not updated on the BOM which becomes the production detail. I made the change to the BOM and now it works.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved