Solved

MRP to use the default BOM regardless of the warehouse entered on a sales order

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello,

We have multiple warehouses.  All sell/MFG the same products.  We’d prefer not to have a BOM for each warehouse since they are all the same.  However, when I regen MRP after entering a sales order, I get different results if the warehouse on the sales order differs from warehouse on the BOM.

Example:

Finished product with 4 different materials.

1. Enter a sales order for the finished product using the warehouse on the BOM.
  2. Regen MRP
  3. MRP Display suggests a production order for the finished product AND purchase suggestions for the materials  (this is the desired behavior)
  1. Enter a sales order for the finished product using a warehouse NOT ON THE BOM.
  2. Regen MRP
  3. MRP Display ONLY suggests a production order for the finished product.  It does NOT suggest anything for the needed materials.

I have tried using substitution work centers and see no difference in behavior.

Again, I am just trying to avoid having 7 different BOMs for the same finished part just because it is being made in a different warehouses.

icon

Best answer by ltussing03 14 September 2022, 23:48

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

If you want the BOM to be warehouse dynamic, I would not make the BOM warehouse specific. If the BOM warehouse is empty it should follow the order location.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

cwise,

Thanks for the suggestion.  Unfortunately, it is a required field when you create a BOM.

Thanks,

Larry

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Apologies. I should have read your question more closely. I thought you were talking about the location on the Bill of Materials line item specifying the warehouse for that item.

Sorry About that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Are you shipping from your production warehouse or the sales warehouse?

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Each of the 7 warehouses are both where the finished product is manufactured, and where it ships from.

So sales orders for warehouse #5 are manufactured in warehouse#5 and ship from warehouse#5.

They are geographically far apart.

I don’t really want to share anything other than a common BOM.

Thanks,

Larry

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Are you specifying the warehouse for the material on the BOM?

The intended design is for Bill of Materials to be centralized in Acumatica MFG Edition.

As long as you do not specify a BOM at the Item/Warehouse level, then any warehouse in which you create a Production Order should be copied from the same BOM.

I would recommend you contact support to investigate your BOM / data setup to discern whether it is a configuration issue or a product bug you have uncovered.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Thanks for the advice.  I do have a support case open and they are investigating this.  It has been moved up to the next level of support at this point.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @ltussing03 were you ever able to resolve your issue? Thank you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

No, but support/dev are working on it.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@ltussing03 just curious did support every get back to you on this issue? Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Yes!  This has been corrected and is in the latest versions of Acumatica.  I’m sorry, I don’t know the specific builds.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved