Skip to main content

Hi,
I’ve been able to login, logout, create sales order, etc. I’m not new to REST or ODATA development but I’ve only been using Acumatica API for the last few months. I’m looking for documentation, a postman collection or both that describes the MANUFACTURING endpoint. I’ve already found the DEFAULT endpoint docs. I’m also aware of the Web Services Endpoints screen which is my only “docs” at the moment.Have the Acumatica REST API reference docs really omitted the whole MANUFACTURING Endpoint and everything it contains? Perhaps it is just that I don’t know where to find them?

I’m used to companies like Hubspot and others who document their products. I’ve managed to get a 200 OK from a request of the ProductionOrder endpoint through guessing and trial and error. That’s not that unusual with such API development but it would have been helpful not to be as in the dark. However, I haven’t yet attempted ProductionOrderDetail endpoint and I’ll be trying that soon. I believe my development would go faster though with some reference material. Thank you in advance to anyone took the time to read this and respond. 😉

You're right in noting that Acumatica's REST API documentation, particularly for specialized endpoints like MANUFACTURING, can be sparse or hard to find. However, there are several strategies and resources that can help you navigate the Acumatica API and get the documentation or reference material you need:

1. Acumatica Open University
   Training Resources: Acumatica Open University offers various courses and resources that include API development, which sometimes covers specialized endpoints. While it might not be as detailed as you’re used to with platforms like HubSpot, it’s still a valuable resource.

Web Services & Integration Training: Look for courses related to web services and integration. These can sometimes include details on less commonly documented endpoints.

2. Custom Endpoint Documentation
   Web Services Endpoints Screen: As you mentioned, the `Web Services Endpoints` screen in Acumatica is your primary resource for discovering the available fields, actions, and configurations within an endpoint. For the MANUFACTURING endpoint:
     1. Go to `System Management > Integration > Configure > Web Service Endpoints`.
     2. Select the MANUFACTURING endpoint and review the available entities, actions, and fields.

3. Swagger and OData Metadata
   Swagger: Some Acumatica instances expose a Swagger UI for their REST API, which might include endpoints like MANUFACTURING. Accessing the Swagger interface usually provides a more interactive way to explore available endpoints and their methods.

OData Metadata: You can access OData metadata to see the structure of the endpoints. By navigating to:

{{url}}/OData/{{endpointName}}/$metadata

Replace `{{url}}` with your Acumatica instance URL and `{{endpointName}}` with the MANUFACTURING endpoint. This can give you an XML document that describes the entity types and sets available.

4.Trial and Error Method
   Using F12 Developer Tools: As a last resort, use the browser’s Developer Tools (F12) while interacting with the Acumatica interface. By capturing the network traffic, you can observe the exact API calls being made by the Acumatica UI when interacting with the Manufacturing module. This can give you clues about the correct usage of the API.

Thanks for the confirmation. You inspired this post.

I was looking for JSON instead of XML though and found the below link which worked for me.

https://{{acumatica subdomain}}/entity/Manufacturing/23.200.001/swagger.json

I’m posting additional detail here in case it also helps someone else looking for the same thing. ;-)

You may have to change the version number to what you’re currently using which at the time of this writing is the version shown above.

For those not aware of SwaggerHub: https://swagger.io/tools/swaggerhub

You can get account for free for one “designer”.

I imported the swagger.json file to my already existing account.

Answer yes if when prompted to convert the swagger.json to YAML.

Done correctly, you will be greeted with some (familiar) color coded Swagger Docs.