Manufacturing Items to be Used in your Construction Project

• 31 May 2023
  • 4 replies

I would like to meet anyone who manufactures items which they later bring to their own construction projects.  So, the manufactured items from your shop will later be incorporated into your construction project.   We are trying to determine the best methods of tracking costs in the shop:  do we code directly to a construction project when working on that project?  Or do we simply manufacture items and make an internal sale to our construction project? 

At any rate, it would be great to find anyone who has travelled this path before.   If there is anyone who has some experience in these processes, I would greatly appreciate the chance to get some advice.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Just to clarify - you are looking for similar Companies running Acumatica to understand the pros / cons of the different implementation options… not asking ‘ how’ you would setup Acumatica to address the two business processes - correct?  

Hi Angie,

You are correct.  We have consultants who are taking care of the “how”.  I am more interested in being able to ask, “did this work well?”  As you suggested, it is more a question of which implementation options work well. 

There seem to be plenty of users of the Construction Module, plenty of users of the Manufacturing Module, but not a lot of users who have tried to integrate those two modules.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Just curious if you settled on a method. Long term we hope to implement the Project link on the Production order on a new division. Mainly to allow the PM to manage the project and Manufacturing to manage the Production order. We want the manufacturing division to have its own P&L. I’d appreciate any insights on lessons learned on this.

Good day,  unfortunately we have had several issues creep up and have delayed our implementation of the Manufacturing module until this coming fall.   However, we are far along in planning.  Our intention is to run everything through the shop.  The shop will have inventory and “sell” to the Projects.  It sounds like you are talking about the same idea.  

I would like to keep in touch with you.  Maybe we can learn from one another as we go through the process.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved