Question

Manufacturing - how to scrap Raw Material during Production

• 16 September 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello

I was wondering how I could scrap some Raw Materials from materials already released to Production Order.

I know that for Finish Goods it is done in Labor or Move screens via Scrap Qty.

But how to proceed scrapping for Raw Materials in order to have actual data and not to make it by BOM - scrap factor?

The use case is that our Customer from plastic industry applies for each Production Order some more quantity of raw material than in BOM and at the end of production some of that raw material can turn into waste.

I would be grateful for any tipps. Thank you in advance. 

1 reply

You can add an inventory item as a byproduct in the bill or production details (a negative qty required is a byproduct).  Or you can add it on the fly when doing a material transaction.  That will do an inventory issue of the return type.  Once in inventory you can dispose of it using an Issue with a reason code to expense it out.  If the waste has a value (byproducts do not absorb any of the production costs) you can use standard cost and assign it a value and that will credit the production order costs for that value.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2020  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved