Solved

Inventory ID that is a result of our production

• 13 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi, We are new to Acumatica and operate a Cow Hide processing plant. During the production process there is leftover flesh that accumulates in our warehouse.  We typically send the excess to a nearby plant, however, that plant is not accepting the material.  This byproduct is left over "trimmings"  from the production process and there will not be a PO to a vendor because it is a waste product of the hides we purchased from vendor(s). 

I created a Non Stock item, that requires a shipment. The issue is in the GL Accounts section.  My best guess is that I should leave the PO Accrual Account empty or connected to the expense account of the warehouse.  Please let me know if there is a actual  solution. 

icon

Best answer by cwise52 13 February 2023, 23:20

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Are you just creating the byproduct naturally through your bill of materials. You should not need to buy it. Acumatica will create the byproduct for you naturally through the production processing of an order. 

I am not following what you want to do with it now that the nearby plant is no longer accepting it? Can you reuse it or are you going to sell it to a different company? I think this is really important because we need to decide of the byproduct cost should be deducted from the cost of the produced product or not?

What is your costing method, standard, Average, FIFO or specific?

Welcome to Acumatica.

Chuck

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved